Monday, April 19, 2010

Odd spam

I've been getting links to questionable asian language sites that likely cater to folks with certain proclivities. I don't know how it's getting past the captcha system, but I'm glad I review comments before posting them.

In other news, I was scratching through the leaf litter in a patch of forest near home, when I uncovered an earthworm and a slug. The earthworm was startled and dove into the soil. As it did so, it pooped on the slug. The slug just sat there. This means something, but I'm not sure what yet. Give me some time.

Oh, and this:


It's a fairly large (ca. 20mm) Anguispira alternata that I found in a sample of leaf litter. I had collected the litter sample sometime around march, and didn't process it until about June. So this little guy survived two months in a bag, sitting in my garage. Once I found it was alive, I put it in a small plastic tank with some veggies. Anguispira prefers romaine lettuce to spinach, apparently. Then I brought it back to the area where I found it. I set it down on the forest floor, and it came out to explore. I got a few snaps to remember it by.

No comments:

Post a Comment